Certified Holistic Health Coach - Louisville KY
As I arrive in NYC for work this morning, waiting patiently on the jetway since we arrived ahead of schedule, I think about food. So much good food in this town, I'm even attending a show on the future of food; but I sit here in awe of the lack of real food the every day consumer has access to...especially when traveling!
Based in my experiences, here is a short list of must haves when on the go or traveling:
1. Water bottle - take your own empty one, you never know when you will be able to get one or how much it may cost (literally $5+ in many airport kiosks).
2. Fruit - apples are my fave travel fruit, but bananas, grapes, berries are also easy on the go.
3. Granola bars or nuts - whatever your preference, throw some packs of prepacked, solid protein sources in your bag. You won't regret it!
4. Chocolate - my fave travel snack. One good 70%+ bar of chocolate will last a week when you have those sugar cravings or need a pick me up.
5. Tea - this is one I seem to forget, and miss, the most when traveling. Any restaurant will gladly give you or cup of hot water for minimal cost, easy to get on the plane or in the hotel...it's a great way to unwind and feel at home with a cup of your favorite hot tea.
Summertime trips are memories in the making, enjoy every moment! But don't forget your self care should still come first. Happy travels!!
Hi, I'm Teresa. I am a Holistic Health Coach who focuses on autoimmunity and building your best self.