Certified Integrative Health Coach - Louisville KY
Woke up for the second time this week with no voice, sore throat and generally feeling puny. Reasons behind it are endless: nonstop life telling me to slow down, ragweed in the air, change of weather, viral...who knows. What I do know is, I don’t like feeling this way. So, when you’re in the same boat, this is how you help your body to fix it!
1. Actually slow down. I don’t like to watch TV, but I’ve watched two movies in the evenings this week and have gone to bed early a few nights. Getting extra rest will help you to heal faster.
2. Immune support. Your body is being attacked and is likely using up reserves to fight off the funk. Invest in a good immune support supplement like On Guard from Doterra. Extra vitamins and supplements that directly support your healing and fighting functions will pay off!
3. Vitamin C. I love fresh OJ, I do not love your everyday overly sugared conventional store OJ. Get some of the good stuff from a health food store near you. You’ll feel the difference almost immediately.
4. Homemade soup and bone broth. Use organic chicken or beef bones with meat (whatever you want). Boil them for 10 min then put on low and add some immune supporting veggies like ginger and onion. Let it sit on low for an hour or so until the meat is done. Pull the meat off the bones and put it all (yes bones too) back in the pot. Keep it on low on your stove for 24 hours, eating from it as much as you like. The broth provides so much for you immune system and gut health, it truly is a miracle treatment. Side note, the canned and ascetic variety does not count. Don’t skip steps here...it cooks itself, just get it on the stove.
5. Kombucha and/or probiotics. I tell my kids it’s like a boxing match in your gut, if you have more bad bacteria sickness wins and if you have more good bacteria health wins. Maybe it’s a little far fetched but gives you a good visual. Get extra good bacteria anytime you’re fighting something off.
Remember, being sick is a blessing...this will ultimately boost your immunities if you allow it to do so. Support your body and it will heal itself, just as it was designed to do. Now, I’m off to nap while this soups simmers.
Hi, I'm Teresa. I am a Certified Integrative Health Coach who focuses on autoimmune diseases and building your immune system.